Sunday, 10 April 2011

love them all

Very happy to see “trees” as a theme in this week's Photohunt. Today I went for a car ride early morning taking photos of some trees in my city especially for the occasion. I usually would cycle such a short distance, but I’m very tired from my recent trip.
Willow by the river:

The first leaves from a majestic tree by a crossroad… (common beach?):



And I love this long row of centenarian plane trees (platanus):


 The same row of planes in the background, and Pink Bird Cherry in blossom in the foreground:


While searching for the name of this pink flower I came across a jewel of a website: Phil’s Tree Pages, which I believe will be of great help in my quest to learn the names of trees. Planning to print his maps and go tree watching around my city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that first shot is absolutely stunning. Great job!