Sunday, 22 January 2012

hello again world

Usually when I travel I take my notebook and carry on working no matter the location, but this past December I managed to have a proper break. I was able to leave the computer at home and I didn’t even check my emails. I had two weeks away from computer/work - I was totally disconnected from it all, what a treat. It was wonderful. When I’m connected to the internet I don’t use it just for work, so this “unplugged trip” made me rethink not only about work but also the way I spend my free time in general.

By doing this I missed out completing my “ABC Wednesday: cycling” project. Since I don’t like leaving projects unfinished (and since I wasn’t able to include more of my nearby villages last year, due to so much travelling), perhaps later this year I’ll get back to where I stopped (letter S). I also failed to update my walking progress and other fun stuff I was keeping track of. But at least I didn’t fail to walk or to do the fun stuff!

While it was great to be disconnected I also missed blogging and all the friendly interaction that goes on. So during 2012 I'll try to find a balance. 

Took this picture last October inside Toulouse Airport

No comments: