Monday, 14 November 2011

ABC Wednesday, Q

I’m finally back from my travels. For ABC Wednesday letter Q, yesterday I went to the nearby village of Quy. I enjoyed doing my P collage so much I decided to do one for Quy as well:


Clockwise from to top right corner:
-          Village Post Office and General Stores. This kind of shop is disappearing fast in the UK; this one is Quy is still operating, when I took the picture it was closed, it was a Sunday
-          Quy Village Hall and a thatched cottage
-          The countryside around Quy – I’m often around here riding my bike or going for walks. The first photos I posted here on my blog were taken in a place called "Quy Fen" further along this road. I love this area J
-          A sign pointing cyclist to Quy
-          The old Quy station. From the Parish Council website: “the railway from Cambridge opened in 1884 but finally closed in 1964 and the station is now used as offices by a firm of architects”.
-          Village sign showing the Church and a Jackdaw. The name of this village is Stow-cum-Quy but everyone knows and refers to the place simply as Quy

For more Qs around the world: ABC Wednesday.

3 comments:

Joyful said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a lovely collage here.

mrsnesbitt said...

Aye - we live in a village and it is a fantastic place to be. Loved this.
Denise ABC Team

Anonymous said...

What a charming and quaint village! Such lovely photos.