Monday, 21 November 2011

all my roads... week 1/18

Photos taken during my walks this weekend:


Last year I had plans to ride my bike through the winter. And I was really enjoying it until one day I slid on black ice, fell to the ground and fractured my arm. I was unable to ride for 3 months. So this winter I’m planning to take it easy and spend my energy walking instead. To give me extra motivation I even enrolled for an event next March: 42km which I need to walk in less than 7h. My usual speed is 5km/h for short distances. There is a lot of training to be done before this marathon. Actually I’m not even sure I can do this, but anyway I’ll have fun trying. Perhaps I should have started my training earlier, but I was busy with my cycling goals. Anyway, this weekend I’ve finally started and my plan is to keep a record of my training here for the next 18 weeks. My progress this week(end):
19.11 – Had to go to Cambridge city center, so I went walking instead of riding my bike as I usually would. My walk with interrupted by crossings and other people. It was a beautiful day, clear blue skies and everyone was out walking as well. It was a very pleasant walk, my total was 11km in 2h.
20.11 – Woke up early and was out before the sunrise. The moon was up, could still see some stars and a beautiful twilight at the horizon. What a magical moment. Soon the mist came up and couldn’t see very far. My plan was to walk for 3h, but after 1h10 I got this feeling I was going to end up with blisters. I was using a pair of shoes I seldom use… did I remember to pack plasters? Of course not. Had to walk a bit further until I could find a place to sit (inside, it was cold!) and wait for my husband to wake up and collect me. I didn’t have any money for a taxi either. Duh. At least I had my phone with me! And the camera of course. So I need to organize a pack with stuff I should always take with me. My total was 7.5km in 1h30.

Planning to have Mondays as a rest day, so even though I only walked 2 days, today I’m resting J

I’m linking this to Mosaic Monday @ little red house, a meme I came across via Eye of the Beholder.

3 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Very pretty and no more falls allowed;)

Mildred said...

Wonderful series! Great architecture in the first and third shots! Love the reflections and the misty ones!
É preciso bastante coragem para fazer tantos km a pé! E eu sou preguiçosa! 10 Km é o maximo que posso fazer a pé. He he he;o)

***
Beijos e boa noite****

ps: O meu português está cada vez mais fraco! obrigada por ajudar a manter um nivel aceitavel;o)

Charlene N. K. said...

Beautiful photo mosaic! I love the foggy views.
Best regards,
Charlene