Monday, 25 July 2011

ABC Wednesday, A

Today I noticed ABC Wednesday is back at letter A! Yes!! My chance to take part!

I thought it would be better to have a theme around my ABCs so I’m going with an easy one: names of places I cycle past. With only 7 hours left to add my entry, I jumped on my bicycle and went to the closest A possible: Anglesey Abbey, a country house.

I took a picture of the sign in front...

and went to the back of the property, where there is a cycle path I use very often. This is a view from the path towards the property:


I usually like to pause when I get close to the mill to take yet another picture of this lovely building, but today the flowers captured my attention. 

The white building is an old water mill still in operation. I’ve never been to the country house but some years ago some friends took me around the gardens, which are really lovely.

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh fantastic! With only a few hours to go you triumphed!
Denise ABC Team x

Míriam Luiza said...

Que lugar lindo! Eu gostaria de conhecer um moinho de água!

Roger Owen Green said...

What commitment! Welcome to the round.


ROG, ABC Wednesday team