Monday, 8 August 2011

ABC Wednesday, C

For ABC Wednesday letter C I had great plans to cycle during the weekend to my favourite Suffolk villages: Clare and Cavendish. They have a very prosperous past associated with wool and woven goods, with many fourteenth century buildings still standing. But they are a bit far and I was lacking the energy. So in the end I’m using the C-place closer to home… and closer to my heart as well: Cambridge. I live in the outskirts of this beautiful place and try to go to the city centre as often as I can. I love Cambridge and it’s old colleges, students, bicycles, shops, restaurants, museums, tourists, commons, sometimes cows… and of course the bridges over the river Cam. So instead of Clare and Cavendish I’m using a picture I took today of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge:


The college was established in 1352 - but my photo shows the New Court, completed in 1827 in a neo-gothic style. Actually I don’t know anything about architecture at all, this info is from Wikipedia J

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

the best-laid plans...still a nice post
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

DeniseinVA said...

Great image looking through the doorway. I would love to visit that area one day.