Monday, 15 August 2011

ABC Wednesday, D

My entry for ABC Wednesday, letter D is Dullingham - a small village I cycle past very often when I’m just out and about going for bike rides enjoying the surrounding area.

The village sign and the village green:


The church and churchyard, obstructed from view by a beautiful sycamore tree:


The railway station is about a mile away from the village:


These are the crossing gates, which are manually operated:


Dullingham Grounds and the Pavillion. The grounds are used for polo and other sports:


This is one of the many roads going to/out of Dullingham, I like this bend with the trees:



About the photos: I went there on Saturday planning to take some photos for ABC Wednesday – the weather was not very nice and the photos came out a bit boring… Sunday it was a beautiful sunny day and I went back. When I got close to Dullingham to take the first photo, my camera displayed the warning “change battery pack”. Oh no! So I took two photos with my mobile phone, before it also run out of battery. So for letter D I must think diligence!

Diligence: conscientiousness in paying proper attention to a task; giving the degree of care required in a given situation

:)

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Somebody else who loves tootling about - we love to, but on a motorbike. Know what you mean about planning an ABC post when out on your travels.
Great stuff, thanks so much for contributing.
Denise
ABC Team

Roger Owen Green said...

Love that sign! Nice town, too.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Mildred said...

You live in a very nice place and your shots are not boring! They are very beautiful!
With the new digital cameras the problem is you must always have a second battery with you and when one is flat you must think to put it "in charge"! Hope you understand what I mean;o)
Thanks for sharing:o)

¤ Have a nice and happy weekeng ¤