There are many places around here starting with L - for
ABC Wednesday I’m using the spa town of
Luchon. I’m staying in a camping site 3km south of this town. Yesterday to make my trip to Luchon more interesting, instead of going straight to Luchon I went around the longest way: down this valley I’m camping and up another valley, past the Port de Bales (1775m) and back down to Luchon. The total trip was 80km. But when coming down from Port de Bales I was so tired and the downhill was so great that I didn’t have the heart to brake, stop and take pictures. Today I went back to Luchon the easy way
J and took some pictures, this is when entering the town:
As a cyclist I feel very welcomed by such a sign. Many people come to Luchon to visit the Thermal Station:
“Les Thermes de Luchon” were built in 1848 around where the ancient Roman baths used to be. The Romans called the place Lixon. And this is the market (1896) which is open Wednesday and Saturday - so it was closed today:
Some weeks ago I posted pictures of
flowers around Luchon, this was one of my favourites showing the mountains behind:
2 comments:
How lovely - I must get some contact details from the places you have visited as we often go to France.
Thanks so much for this,
Denise ABC Team
Great choice for L day!
Seems a wonderful place to visit!
Thanks for sharing your fabulous shots;o)
***
Have a nice and happy week****
Post a Comment