Yesterday I had a road accident. I was cycling down a very narrow road between the mountain side and a big drop when a huge tourist bus appeared around a bend taking all road space. There was nowhere for me to go. As soon as he saw me the driver stopped the bus. And I was already braking. Eventually my back wheel locked and I hit the ground - around 4 meters in front of the bus. For a few seconds I was laying in the tarmac, so happy to be still and no longer moving towards the huge bus! I was also happy to have fallen on top of my good arm, not the one I broke earlier this year. Since I was feeling ok I stood up almost immediately after falling and got my bicycle out of the way, so the bus could carry on. Had I met this bus 20m further down the road I would have hit it straight on. I took the above picture close to where this incident took place, glad to be vertical :)
This is my submission to photohunt: high
No comments:
Post a Comment