Monday, 5 September 2011

ABC Wednesday, G

I’m on holiday in a camping site in the Pyrenees, up a valley and surrounded by mountains. Last week I went cycling to the village of Garin. It was such an uphill struggle and the day was so hot, that when the rain came I was glad! By the time I arrived at Garin, the rain had stopped. I was able to take some photos:







Garin is midway between the camping and the Col du Peyresourde. I didn’t managed to climb all the way to the top of this col, I was too tired. To be honest all these mountains around me are way beyond my ability and fitness level. As I struggle uphill loads of fit cyclists overtake me, but I don’t care. I go up very slowly and unsurely until I can’t go no more, turn back and rely on gravity to take me back to the valley! The stuff some people will do for fun J

This is my submission to ABC Wednesday, letter G.

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

almost missed you - thanks for the narrative

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Mildred said...

Oh my! It seems a very nice place fo visit but you certainly didn't choose an easy landscape to cycle!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful shots. And thanks for your lovely comment in my blog;o)

¤ Have a nice and happy day ¤

Unknown said...

That 2nd pic is priceless! Pyrenees is one of the places I still would like to go (have been in South of France, South of Spain, but not the Pyrenees. Is you're still there - have a lovely time!