Friday, 30 September 2011

same spot as last week, this time with bicycle!! whoohooooooo!!!!

Climbing Col de Peyresourde last Tuesday gave me the confidence to try Superbagneres, the mountain I keep going up by car. It’s the place I went up the day I went for a walk near the clouds and last week I returned to watch the sunrise. Well, yesterday I managed to go up this mountain by bicycle! This climb is longer and goes up higher (1200m) than Peyresourde (944m).  It was such a long ride for me, it took me 2h and a half just to get to this point, the same place I was last week with my car:


To be up here with my bicycle was such a wonderful feeling! After taking this photo I had another 20 minutes or so to reach the top. I started early in the morning but midway up the mountain many cyclists were overtaking me already. One such person was an older Frenchman who stopped to exchange some words of encouragement while I was resting. Such a friendly and supportive guy in his mid or perhaps late 60s. Now that’s what I hope to be doing in my 60s too: climbing up mountains and overtaking 40 year olds. Perhaps I made his day? He surely made mine, by giving me such encouragement and new plans for older age J

To add to my happiness the day was beautiful and the skies were clear. For more skies around the world: Skywatch Friday.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

A magnificent shot DJ - far from the maddening crowd! Bravo on your achievement - and what a blessing to receive that encouragement.

hannah said...

Oh how I love this!
Both the picture and your story.
My own cycling days are over, sadly, but I can still share your feeling of being up there, having achieved it and enjoying the reward.
Sun on your back but not in your face :-)

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous image, a great composition, terrific reflections, and a beautiful view!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photo.

Regards and best wishes

Light and Voices said...

Oh mountains are always so impressive and inspirational. Love your shot!
Joyce M

EG CameraGirl said...

This shot is stunning! I especially love the bicycle and its reflection.

Míriam Luiza said...

Que imagem MARAVILHOSA!!! Amei a imagem da bicicleta nas águas límpidas! Obrigada por sua visita e pelas felicitações! Abraços! Continue nos mostrando imagens dos seus belos passeios!