Monday, 19 September 2011

a walk near the clouds

The other day I drove to a ski resort above Luchon, in the Pyrenees. The car park was surrounded by clouds, but after 1 hour of walking up the mountain I felt I was stepping into a magical place above the first set of clouds. I sat there on a rock enjoying the sunshine in the company of a herd of sheep, the sheppard and his dog. After 20 minutes or so, an eagle went flying close to the mountain side. How exciting, first time I don’t have to look up to see an eagle - we were at the same level.
Also saw these wild flowers up there:


For more flowers around the world, please visit Today’s Flowers.


8 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It must have been delightful.Your photos are wonderful.

Halcyon said...

Fantastic flowers in a beautiful and dramatic setting!

YTSL said...

Lovely photos! Get that the feeling you had a good walk. :)

MyMaracas said...

Lovely! I've been exploring your previous posts. You certainly have some picturesque and wonderful photos.

Charlene N. K. said...

It's truly magical being up there with the clouds and all these colorful beauties that adorn the mountain. Your pictures are lovely!

EG CameraGirl said...

How enchanting to walk close to the clouds and find such lovely wildflowers.

Mildred said...

Very beautiful wild flowers shots!
I walked in the clouds too during my summer holidays! We went to the Cantal ancient volcanos;o)
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Have a nice and happy week****

DeniseinVA said...

Oh what a wonderful walk you took us on, such lovely scenery, such pretty flowers and photographs. Now if I can just close my eyes and only wish myself there :)