And the main road from a different angle:
There are many possible ways in and out of Izaourt. My plan was to take a photo of the village name for ABC Wednesday. The first sign was not in a good position (with the sun behind it), so I crossed the village and went to the other side – the next sign wasn’t in a particularly picturesque location… The third sign was right next to apple trees:
I was surprised to see apples in Pyrenees – these are fruits I always associate with Brittany and Normandy. But of course there must be apples everywhere else in France. The ones around Izaourt are growing under cover:
Nearby I saw a sign: “Impasse des Pommiers”: my French is really bad but I believe this would be “apple grower lane”. I went down this lane and soon was surrounded by apples, with the mountains in the distance.
4 comments:
love that church!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
Looks like a lovely place for a trip.
I love how many discoveries you made on your way to find the sign for the letter I! Persistence paid off! :))
That apple looks so crunchy!
My take on J, please come and see.
Post a Comment